Monday, October 12, 2009

The Rest of the Story

Taylor the "Dog Whisperer".

Obviously, I've known about the "Trip to Holland" story that most parents of special needs kids get from someone after their child is diagnosed/born. However, I hadn't realized that there were other parts to it.

A new friend pulled a Paul Harvey on me and sent me "the rest of the story". Thanks Won…you made me cry. Good tears though. There was one part that just seemed to catch my heart.


"So many people think that they are the only one that arrived in Holland against their will, but there are more people than you might think, that have arrived unexpectedly. Too many look, yet only really see their own situation, but if you open your eyes and really see, you will find most everyone has visited some part of Holland at some time in their life. And when they want to find a quiet place of connection, many return here."

I have found that to be so true. There are times when I am so absorbed in what Taylor and I are going through, that I forget there are others that have walked in my shoes to some degree. I have never thought that my situation was worse than anyone else's. I guess I just didn't realize that there are more people who can understand my emotions if I just open my eyes and heart and let them in.

Thank you again Won for sharing that with me. I don't think I could ever find the words to tell you how much it meant.


3 comments:

won said...

I'm glad you enjoyed the "rest of the story". When I saw your blog title, I knew it was meant to be sent to you.

You are a great woman and mother. I hope someone has told you that today.

Jennifer said...

Totally OT - but I like the new layout!

won said...

Hey you!!

Thinking of you lately. Wanted to come by and say hello.

Hope your day is a decent one.