Friday, February 5, 2010

What’s Been Going On

I guess it's time to update my blog and all my friends on what's been going on. I know I've been MIA lately. Everyone knows that The Bossman's mom passed away. I appreciate all your kind thoughts as does The Bossman. It meant a great deal to him.

The week after the funeral, I had to go to school and pick up Taylor. Of course she had a fever. It was 101 by the time I got there. She was also coughing a great deal. Now, when she left for school that morning, I hadn't heard a single sniffle, cough, or sneeze. I took her straight from school to the doctor. How can someone go from fine one minute to full blown pneumonia the next? I don't know why I act surprised, it's Taylor. That's what she does. Okay, I can handle taking care of Taylor, working, and trying to help The Bossman any way I can with his grief. I always wish I could say something profound that helps but all I can do is be there when he needs me to lean on.

However, 2 days after Taylor got sick, my throat started to hurt. Then my lymph nodes swelled up and my temperature spiked to 103. Yeah, just what I needed. The Bossman promptly (even though I didn't want to go, I don't argue with The Bossman) sent me off to Urgent Care. Sometimes it's annoying when he's right. I was thinking just a bad cold or something. Nope…I also had pneumonia complicated by my asthma and a viral infection of the throat. I can't remember the last time I was that sick. I just could not function. But we all know as mom's, we have to. The Bossman took care of the business…and wouldn't you just know that that week we got so many computers in, it was crazy.

I would feed and medicate Taylor, she would lay in her bed watching TV and looking at her car magazines and I would drag my body back to the couch. Of course, having a business out of your house means you can't be lying around sick in your pajamas so I had to lie around completely dressed. Not fun when your temperature goes up to 104. I had no voice so all I could do is gesture or write. The Bossman thought that was kind of fun because at night when we were watching TV, he'd talk to me and all I could was nod or smile. He said that was nice since he could say anything he wanted without any rebuttals from the peanut gallery.

Things are finally back to our normal. Taylor is back at school and so far so good…no calls. I am feeling almost 100%. I still have a lingering cough but with my asthma, that's normal. Now I'm just letting The Bossman sleep in while I take care of the office. He said we work in shifts. I have the early shift then he gets up and works until 2am. We are still busy as hell. There are so many computers in the shop right now that I've run out of room in our normal holding area…and it's big. In this economy though, we are doing very well and I am very thankful for that. People will come up with the money to fix their computers. I think sometimes they'll forgo food just so they can get on FaceBook, MySpace, or play WOW. Hey works for me. *laughs*

Hopefully I'll be able to catch up with everyone. I've started trying to leave comments on blogs. Bear with me as it might take me a bit.

*hugs to all my friends…I've missed you*


HappilyFlawed said...

Im glad that things are getting better, finally!

And might I say, Im a bit jealous of Miss Taylor's room! So pretty!

Trudy said...

Glad to hear you and tay are better dawn. I wish we were closer i would come over and hang out with tay. I have a feeling i would have a good time.
Take care, Trudy

Kathy said...

Glad the peanut gallery is up and running again! IMO men need that - ha!

People are probably fixing their computers longer instead of getting new ones too. Good for you.

Jennifer said...

Sounds like things were sucking as much for you as they were for me. Sorry! But at least they are getting better. Glad to hear you and Taylor are on the mend, and that business is booming! I hope this is it for 2010 yuckiness for you, and the rest of the year will be smooth sailing. Yeah - we can always dream right? :)

Jeanette said...

Glad you're feeling better!

Becca said...

Oh wow, what a week!! I'm so glad you're both feeling better. I hope the rest of this crazy winter will pass uneventfully...

Deb in MD said...

I've been behind catching up on blogs, but I'm glad to hear you and Taylor are getting better. I'm glad that business is brisk for you!